Category Archives: conflict resolution
Star Kampuchea (SK), Analyzing Development Issues Centre (ADIC), and Cambodian Women Media Center (WMC), with support of Mekong Region Land Governance (MRLG), conducted a workshop on Collective Learning on Land Conflict Resolution in Cambodia on 26-27 May in Phnom Penh.
More than 100 participants from CSOs, private, and policy sectors joined in the discussion and knowledge exchange focusing on:
- Causes of Land Conflicts in Cambodia
- Land Conflict Resolution Mechanism
- Land governance World Café: What is for you the main concern on land governance? What is the priority to improve land governance?
- Storytelling on Land Conflict Resolutions
- Law Enforcement Related to Land Management in Cambodia
- Land Conflict Prevention
Bantheay Meanchey Province Deputy Governor H.E. Ly Sary encouraged for more future conduct of this kind of event with more participations of provincial governors to discuss ways to improve land governance in Cambodia.
STAR Kampuchea in cooperation with NGOs, Forestry Administration of Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Land, Urban Planning and Construction conducted the Provincial Forum on Land and Forestry Policies and Finding Solutions on 29 September 2015 in Pursat Province to address the land and forestry challenges in Krakor District.
Sub-national administration and national government institutions agreed on the following solutions:
- establish a land conflict resolution committee to resolve the conflicts involving 37 families, covering 69 hectares (ha) in community forestry lands;
- continue to demarcate community forestry lands to avoid land grabbing/conflicts;
- fast track the identification process of land registration; and
- to re-measure the 400-ha community forestry land.